Preparation time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
- 3 medium-sized yellow beets or a package of sous-vide cooked yellow beets
- 3 medium-sized red beets or a package of sous-vide cooked red beets
- 200 g halloumi cheese
- 1 tbsp of olive oil to brush the BBQ or pan
- ¼ t. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Ground pea sprouts to decorate (optional)
- Preheat BBQ if you opt for a BBQ.
- Put the beets in a saucepan of boiling water and cook until tender, about 1 hour or 15 minutes at the presto. Or use a package of sous-vide cooked beets. Peel, cut with a knife or mandolin in approximately 0.5 (1/4 inch) thick slices. Set aside.
- If you opt for pan cooking, preheat the medium-high pan. Add the tablespoon of oil. Grill the cheese slices for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- In a small mason jar, combine Dijon mustard, honey and white wine vinegar.
- In serving plates, alternate with a slice of red beet and a slice of yellow beet, layer 2 slices of halloumi, and sprinkle with chopped pea shoots.
- Using a spoon, take some vinaigrette and circle over the salad to gently pour the vinaigrette.